Hope everyone is having a good weekend! I just finished painting my toenails (OPI Bubble Bath) and I thought I would tell ya’ll about what colors I have been gravitating towards this summer. I usually like brighter colors on my nails in the summer, but this year, I have been gravitating towards neutrals. Here are my favorite summer neutral polishes. What I love about these colors is how flattering they are on all skin tones.
1. Essie “Topless and Barefoot“. This color is a soft nude with light pink undertones. It is such a pretty natural nude color.
2. Essie “Ballet Slipper”. This color is a pale pink that is almost sheer. I find the color very similar to OPI bubble bath (so I would buy one or the other since they are so similar). It is like a clear nail polish with just the slightest hint of pink. What I like about it, is that the color is slightly buildable, so you will see alittle more of the pink with a second or even third coat.
3. Essie “Fiji“. This color is an opaque creamy pale pink that really looks great with a tan. The best way I can describe this color is like pink white-out. I absolutely love it. Opaque polishes can be tricky for me to apply and I find that if I am not careful I end up with brush strokes. You definitely need 2 coats (sometimes even a third) to get full coverage and minimal brush strokes.
4. OPI “Bubble bath“. This color is a pale sheer pink. Like I mentioned earlier, I find the color to be very similar to Essie “Ballet slipper” but I find this one has even more of a subtle shade of pink and leans more towards being a clear polish. If you are looking for something that will make your nails shine and give the slightest hint of color than this is the perfect polish.
Hope you enjoyed seeing my favorite polishes of this summer. Let me know if you have a neutral polish you love that I need to try. XOXO -B
Happy Thursday, Friends! I don’t know about you all, but I am really looking forward to the weekend! I recently placed a little order to my fave store, Lush. These are some of the things that I am really loving from that order.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
1. Phoenix Rising Bath Bomb
This bomb is really amazing! It has a spicy, cinnamon-y smell to it and turns the bath a beautiful purple. It is a little glittery, so if you don’t like that you may need to shower off afterward.
2. Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner
This stuff is so amazing. You keep it in the shower with you and apply it toward the end of your shower like a moisturizer. You gently rinse it off in the shower and then pat yourself dry (so you don’t rub it off while toweling off). It has a clean subtle rose scent and leaves your skin feeling sooooo soft! I’m absolutely in love with this product!
3. Big Shampoo
This shampoo has little crystals of salt into it to help keep your scalp healthy and it promises to deliver extra volume to your hair. It has the cleanest, freshest smell and leaves your hair feeling very soft! I am concerned about using this every day as I have highlighted hair and am always a little weary of products that are not specific for highlights. But using once in a while seems to be a fun treat. I may not get the chance to use it as often as my husband has switched to this shampoo for every day use!
4. American Dream Conditioner
I bought this conditioner to pair with the Big Shampoo. It seems to complement the scent of the shampoo and also leaves my hair smooth and shiny without being too greasy.
5. Blue Fun
I keep seeing this product in the Lush stores and on their website so I had to try it for myself. It really is a great product. It smells like lavender and chamomile and is so fresh and clean smelling. To use it, you can crumble part of it under running water for bubbles, tear off a piece of it to use as soap, or you can build small structures/animals/etc with it next to you in the bath! It would be a really fun product for kids or adult kids!
Have you guys tried anything new from lush that you are loving? I hope you all have a great day!